Thursday, February 13, 2014

Welcome to the Interdisciplinarity

So, I'm extremely passionate about helping others. It may seem vague, so please bear with me. I think the reason why I am passionate about helping others is because I was exposed to community service when I was a young sixth grader heading to junior high. My passion influenced me to collaborate with my friends to create a club/organization, here at Righetti, that would allow a student body to help those in the community. This organization is called Project Humanity. But, Project Humanity isn't my only way of assisting the community. I am apart of a church who also influenced me to be someone who wants to help the community. My table discussion revealed that there are already careers that do do these type of activities. It could be in the medical field as a nurse, doctor, psychologist, etc. It could also be in the education field since I like working with kids. I would need to be patient, collaborate with others more, be open-minded, and just overall always have a good attitude about everything. Classes that would help me improve this passion would be psychology and humanitarian classes. But I have to think more about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment