Tuesday, August 20, 2013

MY OPINION ISN'T (A) RIGHT


  • interdependence-shared authority based on each other; we depend on each other
  • limbic- the deep brain structures that consist of our emotions
  • schema- routines of things of life which allows us to keep things in order
  • When we usually say "I have my own opinion" is usually when we are losing the argument.
  • In reality, saying "I have my own opinion" cause the argument to just keep going because now, as the article says, one is not defending his view on things, he is defending his feeling that he has a right to have his own opinion.
  • Our opinion aren't rights.
  • Rights are obligations.
  • Many opinions are based on the environment one has come from.
  • Everyone can have their own opinion, but one cannot replace someone else's opinion without support of facts and/or evidence.
Here are my notes from the Socratic Seminar and my reading notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment