Sunday, March 9, 2014

Benchmark Project

For years and years, I have had a passion to help others. I was influenced by one trip to Ensenada, Mexico. This one trip created this passion in me to help others. Since then, I have been volunteering and participating in events that help better the community and the environment. Also, my friend and I started this collaborative working group/club organization at school. Our club goal is to assist those in our school community and the community at large and to provide our service and great attitude to better the community and the environment.

Now that the club/collaborative working group is up and running, we have done many projects that have helped the community here at home and internationally. Our club successfully hosted an event that consisted of creating care packages for the kids of the homeless shelter. We also raised about $250 just from pocket change from the students and faculty of our school.

Since the school year is almost coming to a close, we are trying to squeeze in as many projects and events as possible to better our service to the community. Our plan is to do a beach clean up accompanied with a bonfire to better our friendships and relationships with each other. We also plan to participate in Relay for Life, Serve Santa Maria (community projects), a 5K run with the Red Cross Club, and others that we may think of.

For my masterpiece, I plan to film the special moments with my fellow club members, my friends, my family...this is what I want to remember my high school experience as- helping others while being with those who make the experience great and memorable.

2 comments:

  1. If you need music for the video, I can help! Just let me know what type of song you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian! I'm for sure going to ask you for your expertise! Your music will create the value and emotion that we truly want to depict in our video! Let's talk sometime! Thanks again Ian!

      Delete