Thursday, October 31, 2013

Tolls that change the way we think

I completely forgot to post this, so here it is.

Technology, such as the internet and Google, has definitely made an impact in my life and the way I think. Every day, I am connected to technology,whether it is through my iPhone or my computer. I am always connected. Even with responsibilities I have with volunteering are all connected through the internet. A lot of the things that I know how to do now all came from searching through Google on how to do them. The world, as we know it, is now switching over to the technology world. So we have to be influenced by technology in order for us to get ahead in life. My parents always keep asking me why am I always on the computer, but my answer is that life nowadays is connected to the technological world than it was back in the 50's, 60's, etc when my parents were growing up. The world has ventured on a different route than it was back then. Although, I have gotten way too dependent on my technology because I noticed that I tend to tune someone out when something doesn't go in the way that interest me. With technology, sometimes, I am able to get something that is in the way that interests me to help me move forward with just one click. In other words, technology has its positive side where it helps us in so many ways whether it be learning something new or giving us resources to prove our point, but technology has its negative side where our way of thinking and our way of knowing other things have become so dependent on technology that we tend to filter out the things that we don't want to know, hear, or understand in real, face-to-face, life.

No comments:

Post a Comment